It’s kind of sad when you’re flipping through channels–or, in my case, surfing the Web–to find that your favorite TV shows are no longer on the air. Then you feel like Sure, there’s fanfiction. Fan fiction is great, but it doesn’t quite fill the hole. These are in no particular order:
- Wicked City: Ah, Wicked City. Why did they pull the plug on you? It was cancelled after the 3rd episode. Which was completely unfair, because it was just starting to get interesting. There were originally 13 episodes, but it was shortened to 8 because of the low ratings. I wonder what was supposed to happen in the show originally….
- Veronica Mars: I loved this show when I was a kid. Smart, spunky heroine. Tons of mystery and suspense. Great supporting characters. Why, oh, why did it get cancelled?! It should’ve gone on for at least 2 more seasons. But there’s a movie…
- Lipstick Jungle: I’ve been watching on Netflix for a few weeks now, and I absolutely love(d) it. It sucks that it was canceled after only 2 seasons. I wish it would at least had another season. That way, everything would been wrapped up nicely, instead of abruptly. I enjoyed watching the friendship between Nico, Victory and Wendy. I enjoyed the relationships, period. It was a million times better than the book.
- Tell Me you Love Me: This HBO show was honestly a bit depressing, but also entertaining in a weird way. (Then again, I’m weird….) I wanted there to be a 2nd season so bad. I thought it was a thought-provoking show. Very original. Oh well….
- Smash. Lights, camera, musicals! Amazing singers! This wonderful, brilliant NBC program was cancelled after only two seasons. I don’t know why. It is so entertaining! But I’m still on the first season, so maybe I’m speaking too soon….
- Kitchen Confidential. This TV show about a down-and-out chef that tries to climb his way back to the top? It was good. No, better. It was laugh-out-loud hilarious. Either way, it should’ve never been canceled. Especially not after four episodes. But I’m conflicted. If Kitchen had survived, we may never had “The Hangover”, “Limitless” or “The Silver Linings Playbook”. So I’m conflicted….