Can something or someone be predictable and intense at the same time? I guess it is possible, especially with this show. That’s exactly how I felt about the winter finale. Here are some thoughts:
- Connor— He was never really a favorite of mine throughout the series. But he’s actually grown on me this season. He was the voice of reason that no one wanted to hear. I wish so desperately that someone listened to him and aborted this insane revenge plan. Things could’ve turned out differently.
- The Elevator Birth Scene– This scene definitely burned into my memory, not in the good way. It was too scary, sad and intense. Top notch acting from Viola Davis and Karla Souza. I had to fast-forward the scene because it was too much to stomach. I was so relieved when the baby started crying. But I’m also worried about him and Annalise. I’m afraid she’ll start drinking again and the baby will be kidnapped by Laurel’s evil father.
- World’s Dumbest Death Scene– Connor was on my list as the top victim at first. But as time went on, I started thinking maybe he wouldn’t be the victim, after all. Connor was nowhere near happy in this episode, so that meant he was safe. Simon Drake has been a throne in Keating people’s sides for more than a year. He was a mild threat to them. Once Simon confessed his feelings for Oliver, that’s when I knew for sure. He was a goner. But the way the death scene happened was so dumb. The first time I saw it, it made my stomach jump. But looking back, I think it could’ve been done better.
- Annalise and Isaac– Is it bad that I actually want the two of them to be together? Sure, this relationship would be a complete and utter disaster that would possibly ruin them both. But they do seem to care greatly for each other. They would make a believable, albeit toxic pair. Sadly, an Annaleve reunion isn’t in the cards. I don’t want her back together with Nate. (Why is Nate still on the show again?)
- Incomplete– Despite everything that happened in this episode, it still felt very incomplete. None of the flashback scenes were shown in the episode. We still don’t know what going to happen to baby Wes. But one thing is certain: Those brats had better not blame Annalise for their problems anymore. She has always looked out for them, whether she wanted to or not. They are way more than capable of causing their own problems. Mommy will end up cleaning up this mess too. Sadly, the only way she’ll ever be free of these freaks is if they’re dead. They should kill off everybody except Annalise and the baby. Find a way to bring Wes back from the dead. Then the three can live somewhat happily-ever-after.
Oh well. Until next time……